Monday, March 22, 2010

4th Quarter

Projects Left: Depth of Field, Perspective, Tilt Shift, Reflection
Depth of Field- For Depth of Field I have an idea to create a secret code in my pictures. My family constantly plays dominoes so I will have a domino in the foreground and a family member in the background or vice versa. The dots on the domino or dominoes will tell something about the person. The "decoder" will be a photograph of my Aunt Kelly's grave. She was the one who introduced dominoes to our family so I think this is very fitting. The domino will show the date of her death or birth (not sure yet) and the grave will read the same date.
Perspective- For perspective I plan on taking pictures of words and numbers from different angles. This is to show how crucial words are to our daily lives and how the same word may have a completely different impact on a person depending on his or her perspective.
Tilt Shift- I am not sure exactly how I plan on capturing tilt-shift. I want to do either people or cars because they would look cool as "models" but I'm not quite sue how to capture them yet.
Reflection- For reflection I want to photograph reflections of people doing something that defines or describes them. Therefore, that person would be both physically and mentally/emotionally reflected.


QUESTIONS:
1. Mr. Kraus could improve the class and my experience by showing more successful photography and describing why he finds it successful. Whether taken by students or real photographers this would be very helpful.
2.I can improve the class experience by allowing myself more time to travel places specifically to take pictures. Taking pictures of my everyday life is becoming tedious; therefore, if I go out and photograph at new places, my photos will look more fresh and I will have a variety of photos.
3. The most successful aspect of this class has by far been the blog. It allows us to view our peers photography and see what they do well. Also, it makes "turning in homework/projects" easy, especially once we've figured out a system that fits our personal schedules well.

No comments:

Post a Comment